Michigan Chapter Social Worker &
Family Services Coordinator
Danny Berry L.B.S.W
The Michigan Chapter has contracted a new Chapter Social Worker, Danny Berry, he is a Graduate of Saginaw Valley State University and lives in Saginaw. He will be working out of the Midland Office. He can be reached through our helpline voicemail at 1-800-909-0073 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help Line Voicemail 1-800-909-0073
The Chapter Social Worker is available for consultation by telephone, and for limited family/home visits. At times, individuals and families can meet with the Social Worker in the Chapter Office in Midland by appointment, or privately before support group meetings around Michigan when he is attending that support group meeting.
The expertise the Social Worker has with "systems" and the dynamics within the family of someone affected by Huntington's Disease are of help when people do not know "what to do next". The Social Worker is often involved at times of diagnosis, and at times when a change in living situation is needed.
These are ways our Chapter Social Worker can help you and your family:
* Provide an "in-service" for caregivers in adult foster care or nursing home settings.
* Advocate to get a person into appropriate services
* Help locate an experienced doctor or neurologist
* Help the family as a group cope with HD
* Help find local resources for respite, placement, or in-home help
* Listen on the Chapter Help line
* Provide information and guidance for caregivers, helping to prevent "burnout"
* Help connect family with resources throughout the state and possibly in other parts of the country
* Assist or provide ideas for speakers at support Groups.
* Coordinate communications between health care providers and the family.